Vanjaram Fry – Seer Fish Fry is the most famous and common among fish fries. The fish Vanjaram is called by different names like Seer fish, King fish and Nei meen and so on. The fish has just one thick bone in the center, making it easy for kids to eat. Made with few ingredients, the Vanjaram fry is sure to make you salivate. It tastes best when served with rice and fish curry like Nethili fish curry or just the Simple Rasam.
Vanjaram Fry - Seer Fish Fry
By January 4, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Sallow fried slices of seer fish, marinated with Indian masalas and lime juice.
- 4 slices Seer Fish Vanajaram, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- to taste Salt
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Refined oil for frying
- Make a paste by mixing chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt with lemon juice. Coat this masala generously over the fish slices and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and shallow fry these slices one by one in a thick bottomed pan.
- Fry on both sides on medium flame until golden brown.
- Transfer to an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- The hot and spicy Vanjaram Fry - Seer Fish Fry is now ready to be served.
- Serve with lemon wedges or mayonnaise.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress