Vangi Bath is a tasty and healthy pulav that is also easy to cook. Its a wholesome meal made with rice and brinjal making it a perfect one for lunchboxes. Brinjals are a good source of nutrients and the Vangi bath is a tasty pulav that everyone will love. Its easy and quick to make during the busy morning hours. Serve it with your favorite vegetable or just raitha and papad.
By November 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 plates (4 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
A wholesome meal with rice and brinjal.
- 1 cup Basmati rice soaked
- 200 grams Brinjal cut into cubes
- 2 Onions
- 1 teaspoon Bengal gram
- 2 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- few Curry leaves
- a bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Refined oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin, pepper, fenugreek, bengal gram, urad dal, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cool it and grind it into a powder.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Add curry leaves and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin. Add the onions and saute.
- Add the brinjal and salt. Saute for a minute.
- Mix in the chilli powder and saute.
- Add the ground powder and saute for a minute.
- Drain the water from the rice and mix it in.
- Add water and close the lid and cook till the rice is done.
- Open the lid and add ghee. Let the rice cool down for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and mix the rice till all the masala and rice is mixed well.
- Serve it hot with your favorite vegetable or raitha.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress