As we all know, Ragi is rich in proteins, carbohydrates, calcium, vitamins and fiber. There are so many ways in which we can include ragi in our diet, like puttu, porridge, laddu, dosa, semiya etc. But this Sweet Ragi Dosa is very delicious and also very simple to make. With just a few ingredients, you can prepare this healthy and tasty dosa for your kids, when they are back from school. These Sweet Ragi Dosas can also be served for their breakfast or even packed to school. You can add the dry fruits and nuts to suit your child’s taste. Ragi ( Finger Millet) is also called as kezhvaragu or kayppai in Tamil Nadu.
Sweet Ragi Dosa
By June 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 (3 Servings)
- Cook: 10 mins
Healthy and tasty dosas made with Ragi flour, jaggery and dried fruits and nuts.
- 1 Cup Ragi flour
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery syrup
- 1 Cup Dosa batter or idli batter
- few Raisins
- few Cashew nut
- a pinch Salt
- as required Water
- as required Ghee
- In a bowl, add the ragi flour, dosa batter, salt, water and mix well.
- Mix into a smooth batter by adding the jaggery syrup. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now add the dry fruits and nuts.
- Heat a dosa tawa, take a ladle of the batter and make small dosas. Pour a teaspoon of ghee around the dosa. Cover and cook for a minute or two.
- Now flip the dosa to the other side and cook. Once cooked, transfer to a serving plate.
- This delicious Sweet Ragi Dosa does not require any chutney. Or can be accompanied with any of your favorite chutneys, if desired.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress