Chicken Soups are tasty and healthy. There are many varieties of chicken soup, but this South Indian Chicken Soup is the traditional version, which is generally used to treat common cold. I learnt this recipe from my grand mother, who prepares this South Indian Chicken Soup whenever she hears someone sneeze or cough at home. You can also add tomato and ginger in this soup, if desired.
South Indian Chicken Soup - Thin soup
By May 18, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (2 Servings)
- Cook: 10 mins
Pieces of chicken cooked with spices...
- 4-5 pieces Chicken with bones
- 10 Shallots
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- to taste Salt
- to taste Pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon gingeley oil
- few Curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- Crush the shallots and garlic.
- In a pressure pan, add the chicken pieces, crushed shallots and garlic, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Add 2- 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 5 - 10 minutes or 1-2 whistles.
- Also add the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Once the pressure subsides, open and add the gingeley oil. Add salt and pepper powder to suit your taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve this tasty South Indian Chicken Soup hot.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress