Sweet pongal is not only liked by kids but also by the grown-ups too…We love to eat delicious, traditional recipes. But the one thing most of us worry about is the cooking time. So I have made this recipe as simple as possible so that you needn’t wait for a longtime to taste it. With lots of cashews n raisins, this quick sweeeeet pongal will also serve as a nutritious breakfast for your school going kids.
Quick Sweet Pongal
By October 22, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (3 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Rice and moong dal cooked in milk blended with jaggery syrup and topped with ghee roasted raisins and cashew.
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/3 cup Moong dal
- 1/2 cup Jaggery syrup
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Roasted cashew
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 cup Milk
- a pinch Salt salt
- 2 Cardamon
- Wash and soak the rice and dal together for 5 minutes.
- In a pressure pan add milk and water and boil.
- Now add the rice and dal along with a pinch of salt and pressure cook for 10 minutes or 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides, open and add the jaggery syrup.
- Now add a tablespoon of ghee and stir.
- In another small pan, roast the cashew nuts, cardamoms and raisins in ghee and add it to the pongal.
- Use your imagination to serve this sweet pongal desired shapes to attract kids. You may also use cookie cutters to create different shapes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress