Potato recipes are easy to cook and tasty to eat. This simple and easy Potato Kurma is a quick recipe that can be served for chapathi or poori for our unexpected guests. With just simple ingredients, this recipe will definitely help you serve tasty food to your loved ones, when you are very tired after a long day’s work.
By January 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (3 Servings)
- Cook: 10 mins
A simple yet tasty kurma for poori and chapathi.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 large potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 small piece cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- to taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon Coconut grated
- few Curry leaves
- 1 Green chilli
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the cinnamon and saute the onions. Then add the ginger garlic paste and tomatoes and saute. Add all the masala powders and salt..
- Now add the potatoes.
- Pour half a cup of water, cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, grind the coconut, fennel seeds and garlic to paste by adding little water.
- Add this paste and cook for few more minutes on medium flame or until the gravy thickens to desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve this simple Potato Kurma with roti or chapathi.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress