Paruppu Adai is a healthy and nutritious breakfast that is also great as an evening snack. It is made with rice and different types of pulses. The Paruppu adai does not require any fermenting, hence it can be made as soon as the batter is ready. This Dal dosa can be made into a thick uthappam or into a thin dosa as desired. Avial is the best combination for the Paruppu Adai but it tastes yummy with chutneys like Tomato chutney, Pudhina Chutney, Sambar and so on. Kids will love it when served with Tomato ketchup.
Paruppu Adai - Dal Dosa
By December 30, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10 dosa
- Prep: 2 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 15 mins
A protein rich, healthy dosa.
- 1 1/2 cups Idli Rice
- 1/2 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Bengal gram dal Chana dal
- 2 tablespoons Red gram dal Toor dal
- 2 tablespoons Moong dal
- 2 tablespoons Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Mustard and urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Red Chillis
- few Curry leaves chopped
- few Coriander leaves chopped
- to taste Salt
- Refined oil
- Wash and soak both the idli and raw rice together in water for two hours.
- Soak all the pulses in water for two hours.
- Grind the rice along with red chili until its smooth. Now add the soaked pulses and grind. The batter should not be smooth.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a kadai and add mustard, urad dal and cumin and let it splutter.
- Add it to the batter. Add curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix the batter well.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add a laddle full of batter at the center of the tawa and spread it evenly in a circular motion to make a thick dosa. Add a teaspoon of oil around the edges of the adai and cook for a minute. Now flip it over and cook till its done.
- Serve the Adai hot with your favorite chutney.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress