We can never get tired of the flavorful and aromatic rice – Biryani and what can make it more interesting than having it along with the soft and succulent Paneer (Cottage cheese). Paneer Biryani is a delightful variation to the regular Chicken Biryani, Dum Biryani, Corn Biryani, Mushroom Biryani and so on. Its quick to cook and makes a healthy and perfect lunchtime dish for kids and people on the go.
By December 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (4 Servings)
- Cook: 10 mins
Cubes of cottage cheese (paneer) cooked to perfection with rice and spices.
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 100 grams Paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Cinnamon small piece
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cardamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 bunch Mint leaves cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves cleaned and chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Curd optinal
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Green chillies
- Heat oil in a pressure pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamon, bay leaf and green chillies. Then add the chopped onions and saute. Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Add the mint leaves and saute.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Now add the paneer cubes. Pour one and half cups of water along with curd (optional). When the water boils add the rice and cook for 5 minutes or 2 whistles.
- Open the pressure pan and add a tablespoon of ghee and stir carefully.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and transfer to a serving bowl.
- The yummy Paneer Biryani is now ready to be served with your favorite raitha.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress