Simple and easy to make, this Onion chutney – Vengaya chutney is very tasty and mouth-watering when served with crispy dosas or spongy idlis. Are you bored of preparing the same old tomato chutney and coconut chutney for idlis and dosas? Now try this quick to make Onion Chutney and make your breakfast or dinner more tasty. With few readily available ingredients, this simple and easy chutney stays good for a longer time as there is no coconut added to it. So can be packed to school, picnic or while travelling.
Onion Chutney - Vengaya chutney
By June 27, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
Shallots ground with red chillies, garlic and tamarind and tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves using gingeley oil.
- 10 Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Red chillies
- little Tamarind
- to taste Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds and urad dal
- few Curry leaves
- gingeley oil
- In a mixer, grind the shallots, garlic, red chillies, tamarind and salt.
- Grind them to a paste by adding very little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the mustard seeds and urad dal. Once they sputter, add the curry leaves.
- Then add the ground chutney. Saute for a minute and then switch off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve this simple and easy chutney with crispy dosas or spongy idlis.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress