Green Plantain Roast – Vazhaikai varuval ia a quick and easy dish that goes well with sambar rice, curd rice and even rasam. The crispy and spicy outer layer with a soft core is very tasty and even kids will love it. Its a commonly available vegetable that is loaded with nutrients making it a healthy choice for all. The Green Plantain Roast – Vazhaikai varuval is made with very few ingredients and is so simple and easy to make that even beginners will cook it perfectly. Fix a quick meal with curd rice and this stir fried vegetable that is hmmmm…so tasty on those days when you are on the run.
Green Plantain Roast - Vazhaikai varuval
By November 3, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 plate (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
A crispy, tasty and flavorful side dish.
- 1 large Green Plantain Vazhaikai
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- to taste Salt
- for frying Refined oil
- Peel and cut the plantain into cubes.
- Grind garlic and fennel seeds coarsely.
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan and add the ground paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add the plantain cubes and saute.
- Add all the powders and salt and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for a minute.
- Open the lid and cook till the pieces are dry. Keep turning the pieces until the pieces are roasted on all the sides.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve this hot and crispy vegetable with your favorite rice.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress