Peas – An all-time-favorite among kids. This Easy Peas Masala is a quick and a delicious recipe. This Peas Masala is a perfect side dish for pooris, rotis and chapathis. Can also be had with pulav, tomato rice and also with rice and sambar. Peas are rich in insoluble fiber that helps lower cholesterol. Also rich in proteins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Here I have used fresh peas, if you prefer to use dried peas, soak overnight and then use.
Easy Peas Masala for poori and chapathi
By March 11, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (3 Servings)
- Cook: 10 mins
Nutritious Peas cooked with onions and tomatoes.
- 1 Cup Green Peas fresh
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1-2 Pepper
- few Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- In a kadai, heat oil, add fennel seeds and pepper.
- Now add the chopped onions and curry leaves and saute.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Now add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the peas.
- Mix well.
- Add a little water. Cover and cook until the peas becomes soft. Open and cook for another few minutes so that the excess water evaporates.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot with rice and sambar.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress