Murukkus and Athirasams are the most commonly prepared dishes for Diwali in South India along with other sweets like Laddus, Badusha, Jangiri, and so on. As the name suggests, this murukku is very easy to prepare and tastes really good. With a very few ingredients this Easy Crispy Murukku can be prepared in just 20 minutes. I learnt this quick and easy recipe from my friend, who makes these murukkus often for her kids. Not only kids even grown ups would love these crispy murukkus. Serve with tea or coffee to munch while watching TV with family and friends on a rainy evening.
Easy Murukku - Diwali Savory Recipe
By November 6, 2012Published:
- Yield: 20 (1 plate Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Crispy murukkus made from rice flour and gram flour seasoned with sesame seeds and asofoetida.
- 2 Cups Rice flour
- 1/2 Cup Fried gram flour
- 1 Tablespoon Butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame seeds white ellu
- Refined Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Asofoetida a pinch
- In a bowl, add the rice flour, gram flour, sesame seeds, asofoetida and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add a tablespoon of melted butter and mix.
- Add required quantity of water and make a soft dough.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wide and a thick bottomed kadai.
- Fill the required quantity of the dough in the murukku achiu or the press.
- Press and sequeeze out the dough into the hot oil.
- Fry on either sides until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Once it cools, crush the long strands into small pieces so that it will be easy for the kids to pick the pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- Here I have used an achu with small round holes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress