Soft and milky, the Coconut Malai Ladoo is a tasty sweet that is perfect for the festive season. Coconuts have a distinct flavor and they taste wonderful when combined with milk and sugar. I’ve been making these sweet ladoo for the past two diwalis and my friends and family love it. Its very easy and convenient to make with simple ingredients.
Coconut Malai Ladoo
By October 21, 2012Published:
- Yield: 15 ladoos Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
A simple and easy ladoo!
- Grate the coconut finely without the brown part. Keep aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a kadai ( preferably non-stick pan) and add 3/4th of the grated coconut. The remaining coconut will be used for decorating.
- Saute for a minute. You will get a nice aroma from the coconut and the ghee.
- Now add the milk and stir well.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Crush the cardamons and add it to the mixture.
- Stir in the condensed milk.
- Add the sugar.
- Mix well and let the mixture boil.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee as the mixture reduces.
- The mixture will thicken as it boils.
- Turn off the heat when the mixture is dry and leaves the sides of the pan without sticking.
- Once the mixture cools down a bit, make small balls. Roll it in the remaining grated coconut.
- Decorate it and serve.
- You can also spread it on a greased plate and cut it into desired shapes.
- This malai ladoo can also be served like Paal kova.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress