So easy and simple – this Coconut Chutney finds its place everyday in a South Indian’s menu may it be breakfast or dinner. Idlis and Dosas will never be served in South India without this tasty coconut chutney. Coconut Chutneys are not only served with Idlis and Dosas, but also with pongal and ravabath depending on the individual’s taste and preference.
By July 6, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 1 min
- Ready In: 6 mins
Grated coconut ground with chillies and fried gram and tempered with mustard seeds and urad dal.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut or grated coconut
- 1 Green chili
- 2 Tablespoon Fried gram
- 1 clove Garlic
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds and urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil
- few Curry leaves
- In a mixer, add the coconut, fried gram, garlic, chillies and salt.
- Grind to a paste by adding enough water.
- In a small kadai, heat oil and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Once they splutter, add the curry leaves.
- Pour it onto the chutney.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve this easy and tasty Coconut chutney with crispy Dosas or spongy Idlis.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress