Chicken Biryani is loved by all. With the step by step procedure, you can cook this spicy and delicious Chicken Biryani easily at home and capture the hearts of your loved ones, who will no longer like the restaurant biriyani. The procedure is not complex as one might think. So easy and quick to cook, this Spicy and delicious Chicken Biryani will surely find its place on your dining table every sunday, as it is the case with ours. Enjoy serving this delicious Chicken Biryani and be satisfied to see your kids compete with each other for their share and ask for more.
By August 22, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 plate (3 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Serve this Spicy Chicken Biriyani with Onion raitha.
- 200 Grams Chicken cleaned and cut
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Onion Large, chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/4 bunch Mint leaves
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamon
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon Black jeera optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Biriyani essence
- Red food color a pinch
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Mix curd, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well and add the chicken pieces. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and soak the Basmati rice for 10 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the bay leaf, cloves, cardamon, star anise, black jeera and cinnamon.
- Now add the green chillies and cover the cooker as the chiilies may sputter.
- Now add the chopped onions and saute.
- Add the ginger paste and saute.
- After sometime add the mint leaves and saute.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute.
- Now add the marinade.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or 1 whistle to cook the chicken.
- When the pressure subsides, open the cooker and add 1 and a 1/2 cups of water.
- When the water boils, add the soaked rice and the essence.
- When the mixture boils, cover the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 5 minutes or 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure subsides, open and add a tablespoon of ghee.
- Now mix a pinch of the red food color in a teaspoon of water.
- Drop this mixture randomly over the biryani.
- Carefully mix the rice with a long laddle.
- Now your spicy and tasty Chicken Biryani is ready to be served.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress