Chana Masala for Poori is a very tasty and a delicious dish. This chana masala can also be served with chapathi. Kids will never say ‘NO’ to pooris and we grown ups too. Children will be much delighted when their favorite pooris are served with chana masala garnished with fresh coriander leaves and chopped onions. Pack this chana masala with poori to school and be surprised to see empty lunch boxes when they are back.
Chana Masala for Poori
By June 4, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (3 Servings)
- Prep: 5 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 5 hrs 15 mins
Chana or chick peas cooked in a thick gravy and served with hot pooris.
- 1 Cup chickpeas sundal, soaked for 5-6 hours.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Chana masala powder
- to taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1-2 small piece Cinnamon
- for garnishing coriander leaves
- 1 Clove
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the cinnamon and cloves.
- Now add the chopped onions and saute.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder,coriander powder and salt.
- Add the required amount of chana masala.
- Pressure cook the soaked chana for 1-2 whistles. Now add the cooked chana and add half a cup of water and allow the mixture to boil.
- Cook until the gravy thickens to desired consistency. (If you need thick gravy, grind a few chana into a smooth paste by adding little water and then add it to the gravy).
- Garnish the chana masala with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve this delicious chana masala for poori with chopped onions.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress