Cabbage Poriyal is the best way to eat the healthy vegetable Cabbage. Its one of the popular dishes in South Indian that is served with meals. It is cooked with very little water and tempered with mustard seeds and cumin. The addition of grated coconut makes the poriyal very tasty that even kids will never say no to eat the vegetable. Cooked pulses like moong dal or bengal gram dal can also be added to make the Cabbage Poriyal healthier.
By January 3, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
Thin shreds of cabbage cooked with onions and chillies and garnished with grated coconut.
- 200 grams Cabbage cleaned and chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green chili slit
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds and urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- few Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon Grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- to taste Salt
- Clean and chop the cabbage finely using a knife or in a food processor.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and cumin.
- Once they splutter, add the chopped onions, green chilli and curry leaves. Saute.
- Now add the cabbage to the onions.
- Mix well, add salt. Sprinkle little water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Open and add the grated coconut and mix. Cook until all the water evaporates.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. The cabbage poriyal is now ready to be served with rice and kulambu.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress