Sweets hold a special and important place in Indian cuisine and its not always easy to make one at home. But the Bread halwa is a simple yet very tasty sweet. Halwas are often tough to make, you need to check the consistency, color, taste and etc…The bread halwa is extremely easy to make that even beginners will find it simple. If you love Gulab Jamuns then this Bread Halwa will not disappoint you. Its a famous sweet that always secures a place in almost all the Muslim functions.
Bread Halwa - Diwali Sweets
By November 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 bowl
- Cook: 10 mins
A delicious treat!
- 5 Bread Slices
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Cardamons
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- a handful Cashew nut
- 1/4 teaspoon Red food color
- Break the bread into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan (non-stick) and add the bread pieces.
- Toast the bread pieces till its golden brown and crisp.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Stir in the milk and let the mixture cook on slow fire.
- The bread will absorb the milk and melted sugar and will become soggy. Keep stirring.
- Crush the cardamons and add it to the mixture. Add a tablespoon of ghee.
- Add the food color.
- Stir till the food color spreads evenly.
- Stir in the chopped cashew nuts. You can also add cashew nuts fried in ghee.
- Cook till the mixture become thick and leaves the sides of the pan without sticking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- You can also make bread sweet laddoos with the same mixture. Let the halwa cook till its very thick. Remove from fire and let it cool and make small laddoos.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress