Laddus are all time favorite among kids and grown ups. There are so many varieties of Laddus like the maa laddu, besan laddu, rava laddu and so on. The Boondi Laddu which is the traditional sweet of South India is the most famous of all. Adirasams, Murukkus and laddus are common sweets made by our moms and grand moms for Diwali. These Boondi Laddus are also one of the important sweet that we would find in most South Indian wedding. These tasty and soft Laddus are made using bengal gram flour and sugar syrup. With the step by step procedure, the Boondi Laddus, which you once thought was difficult can be made with ease at home.
Boondi Laddu - Diwali Sweets
By October 20, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 (6 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Sweet balls made by soaking tiny Gram flour boondi in sugar syrup...
- 1 cup Bengal gram flour besan
- 2 cups Sugar
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Cashew nut
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- a pinch yellow food color optional
- Take 1 cup of gram flour (kadalai maavu) in a bowl.
- Add water and make a thick smooth batter.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency. (dosa batter).
- Meanwhile, add sugar in a wide bowl. Pour half cup of water or just as much to immerse the sugar. Boil until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue boiling until 1 string consistency is reached. Switch off the flame.
- Roast the raisins and cashew nuts in ghee and add them to the sugar syrup.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Place the boondi ladle over it, pour the required amount of batter and rub with a small ladle so that small droplets of batter fall into the hot oil.
- Fry these boondis over medium flame. The boondis should be soft and not crisp.
- Now add these boondis to the sugar syrup. Repeat the process and keep adding the boondis to the syrup. Stir and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cooled start making balls by firmly pressing the soaked boondis between your palms. Make sure that there are few raisins or cashew in each ball.
- Tasty and soft boondi laddus are ready to be served. These laddus can be stored for 3-4 days.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress